Buttery lips and tattooed eyes - Review of Maybelline Color Tattoo & Revlon Lip Butter

by - Wednesday, March 21, 2012

If you're reading this and you happen to live outside Europe I guess that I'm late on the band wagon for this one so apologies before hand.

Many months ago I was randomly flicking through YouTube channels of some of the Beauty Gurus when I came across a post about Revlon Color Burst Lipsticks (it's officially spelt the American way) and the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eye shadows and I was intrigued, by their pretty packaging and the amazing range of colours they came in.

I did a quick google search of the British high street shops and came up with nothing. Zilch. Not a bread crumb.

Like the rest of us English and European folk I had no choice but to sit on my bottom and wait patiently while the States happily shopped their socks off. Now I'm pleased to say that this week is finally the launch of both these amazing products.

While in Town today I managed to snap up three of the Color Tattoos and a Lip butter which took a trip into Boots, Superdrug and even a poke around in Claire's Accessories (you never know!)

The Lip Butter is unlike any lipstick that I've ever used before, it's super soft and creamy, think along the lines as a body butter for your lips! Once applied it makes your lips feel as soft as a marshmallow and it also doesn't taste too bad if you're anything like me and have a habit of licking your lips often. Also I found that the colour stays on your lips really well, I purchased it around lunch time before going into work and I only needed to re-apply it lightly once after a afternoon of work and an intense one hour ballet class. Pretty good if you ask me. Over all I'd give it a 4/5 as i did find that the colour was slightly lighter on the lips then in the tube and swatch. I'll defiantly recommend this and be repurchasing this as soon as this one runs out.

Available from Superdrug and Boots at £7.99 each


The Maybelline Color Tattoos come in fourteen colours instead of the US line of twenty-plus which in my eyes isn't that fair, don't we deserve the same amount of eye shadows as our American Cousins? With that thought in mind (which I managed to quickly get over) I hit the jackpot when I found these gems in Boots on a 3 for 2 sale, bingo! There were only four different colours left, I presume that the rest had been snapped up pretty quickly. I swatches them all on the back on my hand and they are still there six hours later with hardly any fading, now that's what I call a strong sticking colour, even a pen stain doesn't last that long and I'm sure you all know how stubborn that can be.

I'm gonna wrap this up now as I'm starting to ramble on. All in all I found these well worth the money spent and now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get the whole range sometime in the future. Giving the Color Tattoos a 4.5/5 as they do take some elbow work to prize them off your eyelid at the end of the night which can be annoying when you're sleepy.

Available from Boots (3 for 2) and Superdrug at £4.99 each.


Have you tried either of these products yet? What are your views?
i'd love to know!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading my blog, I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comments and feel free to tweet me @pintsizepixie xo