LOTD - Books #3.

by - Thursday, July 05, 2012


Technically this is my first LOTD about books but the third in the Love Of The Day series of Books. If you are interested in taking part in LOTD then head over to the wonderful Louise's blog Sprinkle Of Glitter and follow the easy peasy steps.

Onto my book of the day. Well it wouldn't be anything other than my beloved Harry Potter now would it? I mean where do I even begin?

Let's see, when I was starting my middle school I was petrified (not by the Basilisk thank goodness!) and the one thing that I'd grown to love was reading as I was a bit of a late developer. At the end of each week on a Friday afternoon we'd have what the school called "Calming Time" where we would all sit down on the floor and the teacher would read us a chapter from a book that the class had chosen and lone behold that book was Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Secrets.

Five minutes in and I was hooked for life I (along with the rest of my class) begged to stay behind so that we could find out what happened to this magical boy next. But the teacher promised to continue next week and sent us trotting off home.

The minute I met my Mum outside the school gates I all but dragged her to our local Library and forced upon her the first three books: Philosopher's Stone, Chamber Of Secrets and Prisoner Of Azkaban. After I'd almost thrown them at the nice old lady behind the desk and hurried home with Mum chasing after me we settled down and started to read.

We finished Stone in five days flat and we were soon caught up to where I was at school and from then on they have always been my favourite books.

Potter has marked many important mile stones in my life - it was the first proper book that I read all on my own (Goblet Of Fire), where I escaped to when I was suffering terrible bullying at Secondary School (Mum took me up to London to the World Premier of Goblet Of Fire), they was the first books me and my younger brother ever read together, well I read to him anyway (Order Of The Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince & Deathly Hallows) and last but not least it's what I got my first tattoo based upon.


I chose to get the Deathly Hallows tattooed on my left wrist as it reminds me that no matter how upset or gloomily I get (or if I'm just having a bad day) that Harry has always been there for me, through the good and bad and that there's always a little safe haven that I can go to where all the troubles will melt away, as well as reminding me of the many achievements that I have managed and most importantly of all - your true friends will always be there for you. Now with the great words of J.K.Rowling herself I leave you with this:

"Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."

What is your favourite book/series any why? Does it hold any special part in your life? Let me know in the comments below.



You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading my blog, I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comments and feel free to tweet me @pintsizepixie xo