What I take to the beach.

by - Friday, August 31, 2012

I know that this is a tad late, with the 1st September tomorrow many of you are properly thinking ''Jade, isn't it a bit late for a summer-related post?'' Well, yes and no. Yes because it's the end of August and no because  I'm still holding out for that Indian Summer to come around.

The four main products that I always take to the beach are as follows: 
Pixi Magic Tink Tint // Nivea Sun Protect Lip Balm // Soap & Glory Hand Maid Cleansing Gel // Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm.


Three different lip products may seem a bit on the obsessive side for some people but I use each one at a different point throughout the day. First off before we actually get down the beach I will apply a fair amount of the Nivea Sun Protect balm as this is the perfect substitute for covering your lips in sticky sun cream which never tastes nice! It's also handy as it doubles as an all over sun cream that can be used on your face, to stop it burning.

I then use the Pixi Magic Tink Tint (try saying that quickly three times!) over the Sun Protect once that's had time to sink in. The tint is a pale pink balm that once applied to the lips changes colour to adapt to your natural lip colour, giving it a flush of rosy pink. It is also very moisturising which helps to stop your lips drying out which is never a good look, also it's always so painful when it happens.

The reason I take the Cleansing Gel is simple, I'm a smidge OCD about germs, especially when there are zillions of people touching things like deckchairs, the beach hut kettle, ect. I just like to know that my hands are clean whenever I'm about to eat something.

Finally the Born Lippy Lip balm from The Body Shop has been a new found love of mine ever since I saw it in one of Zoe and Louise's hauls. I absolutely adore the Guava smell as it reminds me of my Granddad, he always had Guava fruit and juice in his house, and again, like the Tink Tint it's super moisturising, although it can be quite sticky if it's left out in the sun for a long time (oopsie!)

What are your must have beach supplies? Let me know in the comments below.



You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading my blog, I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comments and feel free to tweet me @pintsizepixie xo