June Favourites 2013

by - Sunday, July 07, 2013


L'Oreal Purifying Micellar Solution. I've never tried the much raved about Bioderma having never been able to find it and the fact that its well out of my price range so when I heard that this was (apparently) just as amazing I knew that I had to give it a go myself. I've tried so many different make-up removing products over the years and this one wins hands down. It takes off my make-up so easily, even my most stubborn of mascaras, also, it doesn't sting my eyes. Happiness all round!

Garnier Summer Body. I finally got round to trying out a bottled fake tan and it just didn't go very well. I ended up so streaky that I resembled a burnt zebra, which is never a good look, so off I went back to my trusted Summer Body and that's where I'll be staying. This is actually a bottle that I've had left over from last year and It's stayed in perfect condition, apricot smell and all. This is just so simple to use as it builds up a gradual natural looking tan whilst moisturising your skin at the same time.

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. This has become my go to foundation for the Summer, especially on super hot days like today. It's lightweight so it doesn't bog my skin down, in turn preventing the dreaded 'cakey' look which would just destroy my skin in this heat. It is also oil free which stops it sliding off my face and makes sure that it stays in place. For a full review click here.

Maybelline 'The Rocket' Mascara. So another Maybelline product has made the cut, they must be doing something right because they just keep knocking out amazing products. I am so in love with this mascara that I'm dreading the day that it runs out. I have this in 'normal' and I find that it's a pain in the arse to get off sometimes so I think that for now I won't bother purchasing the 'waterproof' formula as goodness knows how tricky that would be to remove. I just find that it does exactly what it says on the tube and I also adore the packaging. For a full review click here.

MAC Lipstick in 'Hue'. This has been my staple Summer colour so far. I find that I tend to lean towards more natural colours in the Summer, leaving the more dramatic ones for the cooler months. I find that it stays on my lips really well and it's very soft and doesn't dry my lips out. I also like that It's a Glaze finish because it gives off a slight shimmer whenever the light catches it.

Gameboy Color. I love love love my old Gameboy Color. I've never really been into the whole Playstation/X Box scene (mostly because my brother never actually let's me get anywhere near it, let alone play a game on it) so I've just been happy enough sticking to my good old faithful hand hold purple brick. The games cost pennies from Amazon and eBay and it's easy to chuck in the bag for a long car journey. It also doesn't hurt giving it to my Mum's friend's little kids as they can pretty much do whatever the heck they want with it and it won't break, so I does make a good 'small child entertainment device'. It doesn't matter how many times someone takes the mickey out of me for it, it's so handy and fun to have around.


You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading my blog, I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comments and feel free to tweet me @pintsizepixie xo