Life Update | Dancing On Pointe

by - Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hi there Pixies! How are you today? I hope that you're still enjoying this fab weather, (fingers crossed that it stays this way for the whole of the Summer - wouldn't that be nice.)

(Picture found on Google Images)

You may have already guessed by the title what this post is going to be about. If not I'll give you a hint: Ballet. Well my friends, I'm pleased as punch to announce that I'm finally starting Pointe work in September!!! Yay! Now to some people this may be not a huge deal as you either have no interest in Ballet or have been taking Pointe classes for a long time, but for me it's a big achievement.

You see, when I was eleven years old I took part in my first proper Ballet show (by proper I mean whole school show) and our class had just finished their number and we were all giddy with excitement and hurrying back to our dressing rooms when whack- I fell down two flights of concrete stairs, knocking myself out for a good ten minutes, and more importantly, fracturing my hip bone. I don't remember much, just my friend Lucy sitting beside me, holding my hand and shouting loudly (bless her, she's still a good friend of mine to this day.) So, to cut a long story short I was able to take part in the shows evening performance but the damage was done. I spent months at the Chiropractor and Doctors trying to slowly fix it but the sad part was that my dreams of starting up Pointe classes were dashed as I was pretty much out of action.

So I stopped taking Ballet until about a year ago when I'd finally finished College and through that I would take it back up again and try to achieve my goal, and it's pretty much confirmed that I'm starting up in September, all I need to do now is save up my Babysitting money over the Summer holiday so I can afford the lessons and of course, the Pointe shoes themselves, otherwise I'd look like a right twit turning up to class without the shoes.

It's taken a lot longer than I'd expected and with a (big) bump along the way but I'm just overjoyed that I can finally say that I am now a 'grown up' Ballerina.

Are any of you guys into Ballet, or just dance in general? I'd love to know! As usual let me know in the comments below.


You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Thats fabulous news that you are getting back into Ballet. Congratulations. I play Roller Derby & it does takes up most of my time. But dancing is so much fun. When I retire I could be tempted to get back in the dance room.

    pineappledazzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dancing since I was two years old and I love it but ballet has never been my best style to I haven't tried pointe. Well done for this - pointe looks so difficult so you must be really good! Glad it's worked out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting back to dance! I started serious dance last year, and I am going to go on pointe in a couple of months. Do you have any tips for ballet in general?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best advice I can give you sweetie is just keep at it and work hard. I'm nowhere near a 'pro' or even overly skilled tbh :) xx

      Delete
  4. Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You can find out details on my blog (gingeringucci.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comments and feel free to tweet me @pintsizepixie xo