heart-shaped box.

by - Monday, June 16, 2014

Shirt: Topshop |  Nirvana T-Shirt: Primark | Shorts: Primark | Tights: Primark | Choker: Claire's Accessories | Shoes: Converse
I grew up in the 90's, a proud child of 1992. Even though I wasn't decked head to toe in grunge fashion back then it was certainly all around me. The music was constantly on repeat at my older cousin's house and a wardrobe full of Courtney Love worthy clothes were the highlight in the endless games of 'dress up/raiding her wardrobe'. It's the one style of fashion that I refuse to let go of. If it was socially acceptable I'd probably still dress like this when I'm a little old lady. Maybe my love of grunge is a longing for my childhood? Who really knows? Either way I decided that as the weather was a bit iffy today I'd add a few layers here and there and what do you know, I end up (in the words of my mother) "looking like I've stepped out of '94!" Thanks Mum!
Jade

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I actually like Nirvana but i don't like how clothes shops are using it as a hipster look!
    So not what they're about
    Love your outfit though

    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Finally someone who sees my point! I buy the shirts because I like the band but it does annoy me when you say to someone "oh so you like____" and they have no clue who you're talking about! (Sorry if that sounds stuck up!) xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the choker. Very 90s aka my childhood. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comments and feel free to tweet me @pintsizepixie xo